These reference materials are relevant to investigators, post-doctoral fellows, research staff and graduate students who work with wild or captive fish.
It is important for users to understand that these training templates are meant to be used by competent trainers in trainer-trainee situations. They are not standard operating procedures, and in no way do they comprise stand-alone training for persons wishing to work responsibly with fish.
- The Experimental Fish (Canadian Aquaculture Institute)
- Anesthesia (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- Blood Sampling (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- Euthanasia (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- Length and Weight Measurement (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- Marking and Tagging (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- Anatomy and Physiology (Fisheries and Oceans Canada)
- The Zebrafish Book: A guide for the laboratory use of zebrafish Danio* (Brachydanio) rerio (by Monte Westerfield, Institute of Neuroscience, University of Oregon)