CCAC Participation at CALAS Symposia
The CCAC actively participates in the Canadian Association for Laboratory Animal Science (CALAS) Symposia by offering education and training opportunities to the participants through scientific sessions on specific topics. These include the ACC 101 orientation workshops for animal care committee (ACC) members, and ACC 201 workshops targeting ACC members reviewing more complex scientific protocols.
Past CCAC Participation at CALAS Symposia
Calgary, AB (June 8-11, 2017)
- ACC 201: Challenges for Animal Care Committee (ACC): ACC Meetings and Post-Approval Monitoring
- Scientific Session: Three Rs is Excellent Science!
Toronto, ON (June 11 - 14, 2016)
- ACC 101: Keystone of the Institutional Program
- Scientific Session: Biosecurity and Biosafety in the Laboratory Animal Facility
Montréal, QC (May 30 - June 2, 2015)
- Scientific Session: Genetically modified animals – ethical issues including welfare concerns
Ottawa, ON (June 14 - 17, 2014)
- Scientific Session: Capitalizing on the Three Rs
Vancouver, BC (June 2-5, 2012)
- ACC 201: New Terms of Reference for Animal Care Committees: Have Your Say!
- Scientific Session: Engaging the Public in Animal-based Research
Toronto, ON (May 14-17, 2011)
- ACC 101: A Workshop for Animal Care Committee Members
- Scientific Session: Technicians’ Contributions to Animal Care and Use in Canada