CCAC Participation at CALAS Symposia
The CCAC actively participates in the Canadian Association for Laboratory Animal Science (CALAS) Symposia by offering education and training opportunities to the participants through scientific sessions on specific topics. These include the ACC 101 orientation workshops for animal care committee (ACC) members, and ACC 201 workshops targeting ACC members reviewing more complex scientific protocols, as well as our CCAC-sponsored scientific sessions.
2019 ACC Workshop — Sunday, May 26, 2019: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
ACC 101—The Animal Care Committee (ACC): Keystone of the Institutional Program
This half-day, interactive session will focus on elements that are essential to all animal ethics and care programs, and will explore the most challenging aspects of protocol review, the key responsibilities of the animal care committee, and how to conduct a thorough protocol review. New guidelines and policies will also be briefly discussed, as will different ethical frameworks ACCs often use. This session will mainly be of interest to new animal care committee members, but is also useful for existing members who would like a bit of a refresher. The interactive format will encourage questions and sharing of good animal practices.
To attend the 2019 ACC 101 Workshop, please register on the CALAS website.
Past CCAC Participation at CALAS Symposia
Québec City, QC (May 5-8, 2018)
- ACC 101: The Animal Care Committee (ACC): Keystone of the Institutional Program
- CCAC-Sponsored Scientific Session: Celebrating CCAC's 50th Anniversary: Working Together to Refine Animal Based–Research
Calgary, AB (June 8-11, 2017)
- ACC 201: Challenges for Animal Care Committee (ACC): ACC Meetings and Post-Approval Monitoring
- CCAC-Sponsored Scientific Session: Three Rs is Excellent Science!
Toronto, ON (June 11-14, 2016)
- ACC 101: Keystone of the Institutional Program
- CCAC-Sponsored Scientific Session: Biosecurity and Biosafety in the Laboratory Animal Facility
Montréal, QC (May 30-June 2, 2015)
- CCAC-Sponsored Scientific Session: Genetically modified animals – Ethical issues including welfare concerns
Ottawa, ON (June 14-17, 2014)
- CCAC-Sponsored Scientific Session: Capitalizing on the Three Rs
Vancouver, BC (June 2-5, 2012)
- ACC 201: New Terms of Reference for Animal Care Committees: Have Your Say!
- CCAC-Sponsored Scientific Session: Engaging the Public in Animal-based Research
Toronto, ON (May 14-17, 2011)
- ACC 101: A Workshop for Animal Care Committee Members
- CCAC-Sponsored Scientific Session: Technicians