CCAC policy statement on: certification of animal care and use programs
The new CCAC policy statement on: certification of animal care and use programs combines and supersedes the CCAC policy statement on: compliance and non-compliance and the CIHR and NSERC Policy on Non-compliance . The most important new elements are the following:
- Certified institutions must report any major change to their program (Section 1.2)
- Any change in category of certification will now be reported by the CCAC to the relevant authorities, including the federal granting Agencies in the case of academic institutions (Section 3)
- Appendices I and III define the elements necessary for an institution to receive its first (direct or indirect) certification
- Appendix III specifies the duties of a certified institution that chooses to become responsible for another institutional program
- The timeline for the certification process is shown in Appendix IV.